Batten House (now a co-operative dormitory at Bryn Mawr College) was built in 1935 for Harry A. Batten (architect G. Edwin Brumbaugh), in colonial style. The house was purchased by Bryn Mawr College from Harry and Florence Batten in September, 1959. Extensive alterations were carried out in the late 1980s-1990 (by Michael Pardee Erdman).
""A Home for Gracious Living" (real estate brochure for Batten House)" (1959). Architecture, Grounds, and History. 12.